Because microfiber towels consist of thousands of tiny 'scoops' they can become heavily soiled with stains from grease and oils. Here's a quick tip for helping clean your towels more effectively.
1) Squirt Eco Touch Carpet + Upholstery onto the stained area of the towel.
2) Take a second clean Eco Touch Microfiber Towel and agitate. You'll begin to notice foaming.
3) Blot the foam dry and let air-dry.
4) Re launder*, and your towel will be much cleaner than before.
*To clean microfiber towels, place in washing machine with regular detergent. Do not use bleach or fabric softener. Line dry or place in dryer (air or low heat only) and voila, your towels will be clean!
Have some tips of your own? Please share with us!
Thursday, February 5, 2009
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
- Create a system for applying and drying each vehicle. Many detailers who use Eco Touch's products on a commercial-level, work in teams. One member applies the product while the second one dries, working their way from the top of the vehicle down.
- Use a garden-style/backpack sprayer to ensure consistent application. You can find many of these at a local home & garden center.
- Know your product dilutions! Eco Touch's newly released dilution chart (pdf) shows how versatile product can be.
- Work out of the sun if possible. This can be tough if you are on-site, but aim to clean on cool vehicle panels. If you can't avoid the sun, then see tip five.
- For hot car panels or heavily soiled vehicles try a pre-rinse first. Eco Touch Waterless Car Wash + Polish can be diluted 1:20 ratio to help cool the panels first or rinse off tough heavily soiled area.
- If you encounter streaking, make sure the product is applied and then quickly toweled off within 10 seconds. Leaving the formula on the car's surface for longer than 15 - 30 seconds can lead to streaking/hazing.
- Have multiple dilutions ready to help expedite the cleaning process. For the exterior Waterless Car wash try having a 1:5 (heavy), 1:10 (moderate) and 1:20 (pre-rinse) available at all times.
- For large surfaces have a variety of microfiber cleaning tools available. Microfiber mops with extensions work great for taller car panels. Also include mitts and extra towels in your arsenal.
- To eliminate runoff concerns, such as drips from the Waterless Car Wash, lay a towel underneath each section of the car you clean to catch excess formula.
- Check with your municipality first on their regulations for cleaning vehicles, especially if you are a mobile washer. And always be sure to abide by the Clean Water Act.